Indonesian producer starts week with PP, PE increases
For PP, they initially raised their prices by $20/ton for PP block copolymer, homo-PP coating and BOPP, by $30/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and by $30-40/ton for homo-PP film when compared to their prices at the end of last week. After that, they implemented further increases of $20/ton for PP block copolymer, coating and film, and $10/ton for raffia.
The source commented, “Demand remains healthy while we are able to sell PP at a premium against PE as our PP supplies are tighter. We expect that the current firming trend will remain in place for the next couple of weeks as most plants which are currently offline for maintenance will be restarted at the end of March.”
The producer’s PE prices currently stand at $1350/ton for LLDPE film, at $1460/ton for LLDPE injection, at $1370/ton for HDPE film, at $1360/ton for HDPE injection and at $1380/ton for HDPE blow moulding and pipe (PE100), all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
They currently offer PP block copolymer at $1510/ton, PP random copolymer at $1530/ton, homo-PP coating at $1450/ton, raffia at $1400/ton, injection at $1390/ton, film at $1430/ton and BOPP at $1440/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high