Indorama to complete PET expansion in Nigeria
A source based in Nigeria said, “Local availability is expected to increase over the near term given the upcoming capacity additions to the PET market by the end of this year. We might even have a supply surplus for local consumption. Moreover, we believe that the country will have enough petrochemical availability inside thanks to the Dangote refinery, which will be ready by 2018 or 2019. As for import market, trading started to improve as banks are injecting dollars to the market gradually and easing the process of opening letters of credit.”
No further details were provided about the current capacity and the size of planned expansion at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs