Indorama to complete PET expansion in Nigeria
A source based in Nigeria said, “Local availability is expected to increase over the near term given the upcoming capacity additions to the PET market by the end of this year. We might even have a supply surplus for local consumption. Moreover, we believe that the country will have enough petrochemical availability inside thanks to the Dangote refinery, which will be ready by 2018 or 2019. As for import market, trading started to improve as banks are injecting dollars to the market gradually and easing the process of opening letters of credit.”
No further details were provided about the current capacity and the size of planned expansion at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?