Indorama to shut PET plant permanently in UK
Acquired in 2008 from Eastman Chemical, the Workington plant has a production capacity of 168,000 tons/year of PET.
In September 2017, the company dismissed 58 workers from the 160,000 tons/year integrated PTA/PET plant in Ottana, Sardegna, which is a joint-venture between Indorama Ventures and the group Clivati.
At the end of last year, Indorama suspended PET production at its 130,000 tons/year Turkish plant in Adana, managed by the subsidiary Indorama Ventures Adana PET Sanayi Anonim Sirketi, in the frame of a restructuring plan for its European production activities.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets