Indorama to shut PET plant permanently in UK
Acquired in 2008 from Eastman Chemical, the Workington plant has a production capacity of 168,000 tons/year of PET.
In September 2017, the company dismissed 58 workers from the 160,000 tons/year integrated PTA/PET plant in Ottana, Sardegna, which is a joint-venture between Indorama Ventures and the group Clivati.
At the end of last year, Indorama suspended PET production at its 130,000 tons/year Turkish plant in Adana, managed by the subsidiary Indorama Ventures Adana PET Sanayi Anonim Sirketi, in the frame of a restructuring plan for its European production activities.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year