Indorama to shut PET plant permanently in UK
Acquired in 2008 from Eastman Chemical, the Workington plant has a production capacity of 168,000 tons/year of PET.
In September 2017, the company dismissed 58 workers from the 160,000 tons/year integrated PTA/PET plant in Ottana, Sardegna, which is a joint-venture between Indorama Ventures and the group Clivati.
At the end of last year, Indorama suspended PET production at its 130,000 tons/year Turkish plant in Adana, managed by the subsidiary Indorama Ventures Adana PET Sanayi Anonim Sirketi, in the frame of a restructuring plan for its European production activities.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs