Industrial output up in Italy, down in France in Dec
Contributing to the growth in December, production of intermediate goods, consumer goods, capital goods and energy output was up by 2%, 1.5%, 1.2% and 0.7% respectively.
However, the data from Insee showed that the industrial production in France fell more than expected in December by 0.9% on the month after an increase of 2.4% in November. This rate of decline was larger than the expectations of a decrease of 0.7% and was the biggest of the previous three months.
According to the data, manufacturing dropped by 0.8% in December month-on-month after a growth of 2.4% in November and slightly exceeded the expectations of a drop of 0.7%. Contributing to the decline in December, production of refined petroleum and transport equipment as well as construction output fell by 4.3%, 1.6% and 0.9% respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September