Industrial production down in France and Italy in Sept
Data from the national statistics institute ISTAT indicated that Italian industrial production dropped by 0.8% on a seasonally adjusted, month over month basis in September compared to an increase of 1.8% recorded in August. This beat analysts’ expectations which had called for a 1.0% decline for September.
Manufacturing output in France also declined 1.1% in September when compared to a 2.4% increase in August, missing the estimates which called for a smaller fall. Construction output was also down by 0.9% in September from the rise of 0.6% in August.
On a quarterly basis, Italy’s industrial production increased by 1.2% in the July-September period from a 0.2% decline in Q2 while France’s industrial output fell by 0.1% in the third quarter due to a sharp drop in mining and quarrying.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets track opposite directions in September
- European PVC pricing offers mixed bag for September