Industries Qatar’s net profit down 21% in 2014
The company’s quarterly net profit was reported at QAR1.60 billion ($440 million) for the October -December period when compared to QR1.67 billion a year earlier, falling below initial estimates from Reuters analysts, which called for a net profit of QAR1.62 billion.
For the petrochemicals segment, the company’s revenue retreated 6.8% on a yearly basis to QAR6.8 billion ($1.86 billion) in 2014 while for the last quarter of 2014, the company reported revenue of QAR 1.8 billion, down 9.2% from the previous quarter. The quarterly decrease was attributed to moderate price deflation across key products resulting from a slump in global crude oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will China's local PP market retain futures-driven gains prior to holidays?
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand