Industries Qatar’s net profit falls below estimates in Q1
The company’s weaker financial results were attributed to lower product prices stemming from fall in crude oil prices.
Meanwhile, the company posted revenue of QR1.3 billion ($357.1 million) in the first three months, down 0.8% when compared to the same month of the previous year while the company’s sales increased more than 20% owing to a decreased number of planned maintenance shutdowns at its facilities.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike