Ineos Styrolution announces Oct PS offers
Meanwhile, butadiene contracts were settled at €900/ton while benzene contracts were agreed at €671/ton both on FD NWE basis, up €125/ton and €16/ton, respectively.
Ineos Styrolution declared a force majeure on its PS and ABS deliveries from Germany to Italy and Switzerland on September 15 due to the logistical challenges encountered after the railway line between Karlsruhe-Basel corridor was closed for a construction work.
According to the media reports, the disrupted railway line between Karlsruhe and Basel was re-opened on October 2 as was expected earlier in this story , after nearly two months of limited capacity on Europe’s main north-south artery. However, officials warned that it will take time before services are back to normal.
The producer was expected to lift its force majeure on PS and ABS deliveries to Italy and Switzerland by early October, once the Karlsruhe-Basel railway is re-opened.
However, a source close to the company noted, “Our force majeure is still in place and delivery delays are likely to persist until October 15-17. We are still delivering by trucks and boats. As for supply-demand, PS seems to be more balanced compared to the ABS market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years