Ineos adds China to list of US ethane shipments
As part of the agreement, an ethane carrier (VLEC) will be built in China to deliver the first-ever-ethane from US to China. The vessel, which is expected to be completed by 2019, will be the largest ethane carrier in the world. The company is also planning to add 22 other ships in their fleet.
The ethane carrier is planned to deliver the US ethane to the country’s first gas cracker facility, which is being constructed China’s SP Chemical in Taixing, China. The new cracker will be able to produce 650,000 tons/year of ethylene upon completion.
Ineos first started exporting ethane from US shale gas to Europe in 2015. The company also started to ship US ethane to India in 2016 with the first cargo arriving in December of the same year after Reliance commissioned its new Ethane Project at its Dahej Manufacturing Facility in April. Accordingly, India’s Reliance Industries become the top importer of ethane from the US in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines