Ineos adds China to list of US ethane shipments
As part of the agreement, an ethane carrier (VLEC) will be built in China to deliver the first-ever-ethane from US to China. The vessel, which is expected to be completed by 2019, will be the largest ethane carrier in the world. The company is also planning to add 22 other ships in their fleet.
The ethane carrier is planned to deliver the US ethane to the country’s first gas cracker facility, which is being constructed China’s SP Chemical in Taixing, China. The new cracker will be able to produce 650,000 tons/year of ethylene upon completion.
Ineos first started exporting ethane from US shale gas to Europe in 2015. The company also started to ship US ethane to India in 2016 with the first cargo arriving in December of the same year after Reliance commissioned its new Ethane Project at its Dahej Manufacturing Facility in April. Accordingly, India’s Reliance Industries become the top importer of ethane from the US in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns