Ineos readying to resume ACN production from Europe
The company had declared force majeure on its ACN production from its plant in England. Therefore, the planned maintenance at the plant, which was expected to last for three weeks in April, had been brought forward to March. The ACN plant in Cologne had been shut in March for a planned turnover, which was expected to last for 10-12 days.
The plant in Seal Sands, England has a production capacity of 280,000 tons/year while the one in Germany can produce 340,000 tons/year of ACN.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month