Initial Dec PE, PP offers surface in Egypt
“The producer rolled over their prices for a sixth consecutive month while the producer’s new price announcement came against our expectations as we were expecting the producer to issue some decreases on their December offers given the year-end period and the upcoming Christmas holidays. We will wait to hear other Middle Eastern producers’ December offers before making any fresh purchases,” reported the source.
The converter said that the Saudi major offers HDPE film, LLDPE film and LDPE film at $1210/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1240/ton, HDPE injection at $1260/ton, homo-PP raffia and injection at $1050/ton, homo-PP film and fibre at $1080/ton, PPBC injection at $1210/ton, PPRC injection at $1310/ton, PPRC pipe (Type 3) at $1390/ton and at $1290/ton for HDPE pipe (PE 100), all on CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A trader receiving new prices from the major also commented, “The new announcements came in line with our expectations. We are observing the market’s trend cautiously to see the impacts of the recent gains in the dollar parity on the market. Meanwhile, we are waiting for other producers to reveal their offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Energy consumption curbs start to bite Chinese petchem markets
- Spot PE markets yield to fading demand, better availability in Europe
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs