Initial Dec PE, PP offers surface in Egypt
“The producer rolled over their prices for a sixth consecutive month while the producer’s new price announcement came against our expectations as we were expecting the producer to issue some decreases on their December offers given the year-end period and the upcoming Christmas holidays. We will wait to hear other Middle Eastern producers’ December offers before making any fresh purchases,” reported the source.
The converter said that the Saudi major offers HDPE film, LLDPE film and LDPE film at $1210/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1240/ton, HDPE injection at $1260/ton, homo-PP raffia and injection at $1050/ton, homo-PP film and fibre at $1080/ton, PPBC injection at $1210/ton, PPRC injection at $1310/ton, PPRC pipe (Type 3) at $1390/ton and at $1290/ton for HDPE pipe (PE 100), all on CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A trader receiving new prices from the major also commented, “The new announcements came in line with our expectations. We are observing the market’s trend cautiously to see the impacts of the recent gains in the dollar parity on the market. Meanwhile, we are waiting for other producers to reveal their offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe