Initial Dec PE, PP offers surface in Egypt
“The producer rolled over their prices for a sixth consecutive month while the producer’s new price announcement came against our expectations as we were expecting the producer to issue some decreases on their December offers given the year-end period and the upcoming Christmas holidays. We will wait to hear other Middle Eastern producers’ December offers before making any fresh purchases,” reported the source.
The converter said that the Saudi major offers HDPE film, LLDPE film and LDPE film at $1210/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1240/ton, HDPE injection at $1260/ton, homo-PP raffia and injection at $1050/ton, homo-PP film and fibre at $1080/ton, PPBC injection at $1210/ton, PPRC injection at $1310/ton, PPRC pipe (Type 3) at $1390/ton and at $1290/ton for HDPE pipe (PE 100), all on CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A trader receiving new prices from the major also commented, “The new announcements came in line with our expectations. We are observing the market’s trend cautiously to see the impacts of the recent gains in the dollar parity on the market. Meanwhile, we are waiting for other producers to reveal their offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?