Initial July ABS prices revealed from South Korea to Turkey
The latest offers for a South Korean origin now stands at $1750/ton for ABS natural and $2000/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, cash, no duty. A trader reported that they will negotiate with their supplier to get a discount, citing recently lower styrene costs in Asia. After gaining ground earlier this week, spot styrene costs declined around $50/ton to be reported at around $1310/ton FOB South Korea. Meanwhile, styrene prices continue to remain above early June.
Most traders in Turkey are hesitant to replace much stocks, taking stagnant post election activity amidst collection problems into consideration. Distributors prefer to do back to back business in the local market. One distributor said, “Producers are keeping their margins high while no one imports cargos nowadays. There are severe collection problems while Ramadan slowed business a bit more. Nonetheless, we do not foresee any drastic changes as supply may tighten once existing stocks diminish.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike