Initial July PP, PE offers emerge in Egypt
Accordingly, a Saudi major’s new PP and PE prices were reported unchanged at $1280-1300/ton for homo PP raffia and inj., $1310-1330/ton for film, $1330-1350/ton for HDPE film, at $1400-1420/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1430-1450/ton for LDPE film, at $1360-1380/ton for HDPE b/m, at $1380-1400/ton for HDPE inj., all on CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, the Saudi major’s new July prices for PPBC injection and PPRC pipe type 3 were also reported unchanged at $1300-1320/ton for PPBC inj., $1430-1450/ton for PPRC pipe (type 3) and at $1280-1300/ton for homo PP inj. with the same terms.
A source from the producer said, “The new offers did not match our expectations about decreases due to weak crude oil prices and demand in the region. However, we still believe that large discounts may be achieved this month. Players are just back from the Eid holiday and the market sentiment is not clear yet.”
Meanwhile, a different producer also announced their PP and PE offers at more competitive levels. Accordingly, the producer’s PE offers stand at $1250/ton for LDPE film and PP offers at $1140-1150/ton for PPBC inj., $1270-1280/ton for PPRC pipe type 3, $1110-1120/ton for homo PP raffia, $1110-1120/ton for homo PP inj. with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion