Initial July PP, PE offers emerge in Egypt
Accordingly, a Saudi major’s new PP and PE prices were reported unchanged at $1280-1300/ton for homo PP raffia and inj., $1310-1330/ton for film, $1330-1350/ton for HDPE film, at $1400-1420/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1430-1450/ton for LDPE film, at $1360-1380/ton for HDPE b/m, at $1380-1400/ton for HDPE inj., all on CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, the Saudi major’s new July prices for PPBC injection and PPRC pipe type 3 were also reported unchanged at $1300-1320/ton for PPBC inj., $1430-1450/ton for PPRC pipe (type 3) and at $1280-1300/ton for homo PP inj. with the same terms.
A source from the producer said, “The new offers did not match our expectations about decreases due to weak crude oil prices and demand in the region. However, we still believe that large discounts may be achieved this month. Players are just back from the Eid holiday and the market sentiment is not clear yet.”
Meanwhile, a different producer also announced their PP and PE offers at more competitive levels. Accordingly, the producer’s PE offers stand at $1250/ton for LDPE film and PP offers at $1140-1150/ton for PPBC inj., $1270-1280/ton for PPRC pipe type 3, $1110-1120/ton for homo PP raffia, $1110-1120/ton for homo PP inj. with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness