Initial July PP, PE offers surface in Algeria
Accordingly, a Saudi major lowered their offers by $70-90/ton from their initial June offers to $1230/ton for HDPE film, $1250/ton for LLDPE c4 film., at $1200/ton for HDPE inj. and b/m, at $1300/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIF Algeria, 90 days basis.
“The major’s new prices are still considered high as the overall market activity was calm during Ramadan and it is yet to revive so far this week. Therefore, we are not in a rush to secure cargoes for now. Meanwhile, we received an LDPE offer from a Qatari source at $1290/ton. They noted that they are doing their best to deliver their cargoes in time despite the political struggles; however, we are still not confident about that as it is still too early to judge the effect of the political issues on the market," said a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets