Initial June ABS prices from S. Korea emerge higher in Turkey
“The producer blamed their persistently limited allocation for their June hikes. We will probably pay this amount since the seller is not willing to give much ground. We are reluctant to buy much material anyways considering poor demand ahead of the June elections in Turkey,” the trader said.
An agent of a South Korean producer also voiced his expectation to see new June prices with hikes of $60/ton or more from their supplier as availability remains limited while demand in China is also said to be strong these days.
In Turkey, South Korean ABS offers were last reported at $1750/ton for ABS natural and $2080/ton for ABS white, CIF Turkey, cash, no duty.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS