Initial June PE offers surface with up to 3-digit hikes in Europe
Accordingly, a South European producer revealed its initial PE offers for June with increases of up to €100/ton while sellers in the distribution channel started to offer mostly with increases of €70-80/ton.
They are now waiting for the reaction of the market, which has not been satisfactory so far. A large-scaled distributor opined, “The state of demand will determine whether large increases pass on June deals or not.”
Although sellers’ margin recovery intentions are supported by higher upstream costs, the prevailing market conditions are not deemed as convenient to allow them to achieve initial hike attempts. A seller who started offering with €80/ton increases for all PE grades admitted, “Demand is still weak and large increases therefore might not work.”
Regional buyers do not seem to be in a rush to buy as they expect competitive offers to emerge as the month wears on. In Italy, a distributor projected, “Considering weak demand and the ongoing ample availability, June deals might be closed with smaller increases of €30-40/ton instead of initial €80/ton hikes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS markets unfazed by losses in crude oil futures
- Local PP recovers from multi-year lows in Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia
- Firming falters in China’s PET market on lower crude, pre-holiday lull
- Firming in HDPE lags behind LLDPE, LDPE on plastic bag ban in SE Asia
- PP markets witness hike attempts for Jan in Europe
- European PE opens post-holiday period on firm note, buyers stay cautious
- PP, PE sellers lift offers to Vietnam despite pre-holiday lull
- Asian PVC markets hit 3-month high, led by Taiwanese major’s Feb pricing
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets edge higher after a year of weakness
- Will Asian ABS resume firming amid higher crude, Chinese New Year?