Initial June PE offers surface with up to 3-digit hikes in Europe
Accordingly, a South European producer revealed its initial PE offers for June with increases of up to €100/ton while sellers in the distribution channel started to offer mostly with increases of €70-80/ton.
They are now waiting for the reaction of the market, which has not been satisfactory so far. A large-scaled distributor opined, “The state of demand will determine whether large increases pass on June deals or not.”
Although sellers’ margin recovery intentions are supported by higher upstream costs, the prevailing market conditions are not deemed as convenient to allow them to achieve initial hike attempts. A seller who started offering with €80/ton increases for all PE grades admitted, “Demand is still weak and large increases therefore might not work.”
Regional buyers do not seem to be in a rush to buy as they expect competitive offers to emerge as the month wears on. In Italy, a distributor projected, “Considering weak demand and the ongoing ample availability, June deals might be closed with smaller increases of €30-40/ton instead of initial €80/ton hikes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats further on weak demand
- Export PET prices out of Asia sink to 7-month low
- Will hike targets fail in Europe's PE market?
- Initial December expectations call for rebound in India’s PVC market
- China braces for a new wave of PE capacity in 2019-2022
- Import PS markets hit almost one-year low in Asia
- Mid-Eastern producers approaching PE markets for November
- Will lower propylene cast shadow on European PP sellers’ hike intentions ?
- Global oil and petchem companies announce financial results for Q3
- Global styrene markets extend rout on lower crude