Initial June PP sell ideas from sellers emerge in Europe
A distributor of a West European producer in Italy reported, “We are mulling over offering with decreases in line with propylene contracts. However, we expect even larger drops from some traders.”
Affirming this comment, a distributor of a Middle Eastern producer reported his June sell ideas with decreases of up to €70/ton, saying, “We think that our supplier will give larger discounts considering their high price levels in May in order to match the market level.”
Meanwhile, a compounder said, “There were aggressive offers from traders especially for non-European origins. However, buyers prefer not to source imported material due to the unfavorable delivery times amid bearish expectations. Plus, our stocks are low.”
A buyer pointed to the poor sales performance of sellers due to the bearish June outlook and noted, “We limited our purchases to a hand to mouth basis given our comfortable stock levels. We expect new decreases due to the sales pressure on the side of sellers and we are confident about finding lower prices in the local market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy