Initial June offers revealed in Saudi Arabia, UAE
In Saudi Arabia, some traders received new June offers from a Saudi major. The major lowered their offers by SAR75/ton ($20/ton) for PE and PP grades except for PPBC inj., by SAR263/ton ($70/ton) for HIPS and GPPS, by SAR375/ton ($100/ton) for PVC and by SAR225/ton ($60/ton) for PET from their initial May offers. Meanwhile, the producer’s new PPBC inj. offers are indicating decreases of SAR37/ton ($10/ton) from the previous month.
According to the traders’ report, the major’s new PP and PE offers are standing at SAR4463/ton ($1190/ton) for HDPE film, at SAR4575/ton ($1220/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, at SAR4875/ton ($1300/ton) for LDPE film, at SAR4350/ton ($1160/ton) for HDPE b/m, at SAR4950/ton ($1320/ton) for HDPE pipe, at SAR4388/ton ($1170/ton) for HDPE inj., at SAR4125/ton ($1100/ton) for PP raffia and inj., at SAR 4800/ton ($1280/ton) for PPBC inj. all on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
The supplier’s new PS, PVC and PET prices are reported at SAR 5550/ton ($1480/ton) for HIPS inj., at SAR5175/ton ($1380/ton) for GPPS inj., at SAR3375/ton ($900/ton) for PVC k67-68 and at SAR3767-3808/ton ($1000-1015/ton) for PET bottle with the same terms.
In addition, an Emirati producer revealed its new offers to its local market with decreases of up to $40/ton for PE and $60/ton for PP from May. A trader said that the producer’s new offers are currently standing at $1140/ton for HDPE film, at $1200/ton for LLDPE c4 film, and at $1100/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on an FD Dubai, United Arab Emirates, cash basis.
The trader commented that demand is slow due to Ramadan while they are waiting to hear other Middle Eastern producers’ new offers before taking a position.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years