Initial May PP, PE offers emerge in Jordan, Algeria
In Jordan, a film manufacturer reported that the major cut its new May PP and PE offers respectively by $20/ton and $50-60/ton from April, bringing their new offers to $1190/ton for PP raffia and inj., to $1270/ton for HDPE film, to $1380/ton for LDPE film and to $1290/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CIF Jordan, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Supply levels are good while demand remains weak with slowing end business and poor export activities. Demand is expected to retreat further during the approaching month of Ramadan,” commented the converter.
Meanwhile, the manufacturer also said that they received more competitive levels from another Middle Eastern producer at $1360/ton for LDPE film, $1280/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1240/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
In Algeria, the major’s new offers are indicating rollovers from April. According to a trader’s report, the major’s new prices are reported at $1300-1320/ton for HDPE film, at $1330-1350/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1390-1400/ton for LDPE film and at $1260-1280/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CIF Algeria, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness