Initial May ethylene contract settles in US
The rise was reportedly attributed to rise in cash costs and the small rise in average spot prices.
In the US, spot ethylene prices were last reported at around 28 cents/lb ($617/ton), up by 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from a week earlier and down by 1 cent/lb ($22/ton) from early May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets