Initial Middle East PE offers for Sep emerge in SEA
A global trader who offers two different origins from the Middle East to Vietnam reported his offers at $1210-1220/ton for LLDPE and $1130/ton for HDPE film and $1180/ton for LDPE film, all CIF, cash basis. “These levels represent rollovers when compared to August. However, buyers are still hesitant to accept them,” he said.
A converter in Thailand also reported receiving a September LLDPE offer from a Saudi supplier at $1220/ton CIF, cash. “It is a rollover from August. However, we do not think any LLDPE offer above $1200/ton is attractive. There is no discount in the import market and therefore, we decided to purchase from the domestic market,” he said.
A buyer in Philippines also received stable LLDPE offers from the Middle East for September at $1200/ton with the same terms. However, he added “Our suppliers started hinting that they may increase their offers due to firming crude oil, ethylene and naphtha prices.”
Players think that any hike requests on the sellers’ side will be supported by higher upstream markets and some supply issues, particularly for LLDPE, across Southeast Asia. Nevertheless, demand remains thin as players widely concur. Bids are generally $20-30/ton below the current offers and sales are slow, sellers admit. Next week, more offers are expected to be revealed in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets