Initial Middle East PE offers for Sep emerge in SEA
A global trader who offers two different origins from the Middle East to Vietnam reported his offers at $1210-1220/ton for LLDPE and $1130/ton for HDPE film and $1180/ton for LDPE film, all CIF, cash basis. “These levels represent rollovers when compared to August. However, buyers are still hesitant to accept them,” he said.
A converter in Thailand also reported receiving a September LLDPE offer from a Saudi supplier at $1220/ton CIF, cash. “It is a rollover from August. However, we do not think any LLDPE offer above $1200/ton is attractive. There is no discount in the import market and therefore, we decided to purchase from the domestic market,” he said.
A buyer in Philippines also received stable LLDPE offers from the Middle East for September at $1200/ton with the same terms. However, he added “Our suppliers started hinting that they may increase their offers due to firming crude oil, ethylene and naphtha prices.”
Players think that any hike requests on the sellers’ side will be supported by higher upstream markets and some supply issues, particularly for LLDPE, across Southeast Asia. Nevertheless, demand remains thin as players widely concur. Bids are generally $20-30/ton below the current offers and sales are slow, sellers admit. Next week, more offers are expected to be revealed in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers