Initial Middle Eastern PE prices surface in Turkey
Accordingly, the Middle Eastern producer’s most recent prices are at $1240/ton for LDPE film, $1170/ton for LLDPE and $1200/ton for HDPE film, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
“We are planning to keep our purchases limited for the time being as we think PE prices will come down further in the coming days,” noted the buyer, meanwhile.
Earlier this week, a different converter already stated, “We expect to hear slightly lower announcements from Mid-Eastern sellers for November LDPE and LLDPE cargos. However, sellers might receive some support for HDPE considering the facts that prices are firm in China for this product and Turkey already trades at a discount compared to China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe