Initial Middle Eastern PE prices surface in Turkey
Accordingly, the Middle Eastern producer’s most recent prices are at $1240/ton for LDPE film, $1170/ton for LLDPE and $1200/ton for HDPE film, CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
“We are planning to keep our purchases limited for the time being as we think PE prices will come down further in the coming days,” noted the buyer, meanwhile.
Earlier this week, a different converter already stated, “We expect to hear slightly lower announcements from Mid-Eastern sellers for November LDPE and LLDPE cargos. However, sellers might receive some support for HDPE considering the facts that prices are firm in China for this product and Turkey already trades at a discount compared to China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds