Initial November butadiene contract nominated in US
This nomination beat market expectations which called for an increase of 2-3 cents/lb ($44-66/ton) and it indicates the highest level for two years. The October butadiene contract was settled at 46 cents/lb ($1014/ton).
In the US, spot butadiene prices were reported at 53 cents/lb ($1168/ton) on FOB US Gulf Coast basis on Friday.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PVC market looks for direction amid divergent factors
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights