Initial October PE, PP offers surface in UAE
A trader reported that the local Emirati producer rolled over their PP raffia and injection and HDPE film offers for October. The producer is currently offering at $940-950/ton for PP raffia and injection and at $1070-1080/ton for HDPE film, both on an FD Dubai, United Arab Emirates, cash basis.
The trader also reported receiving new October PP and PE offers from a major Saudi Arabian producer. According to the trader, the producer rolled over its PP and PE prices, except for its HDPE film offers which indicate a $50/ton decrease from September. The trader attributed this to the competitive offers provided by the Emirati producer in the import market.
The producer’s new prices are standing at $990-1000/ton for homo PP raffia and injection, $1150-1160/ton for HDPE blow moulding, $1130/ton for HDPE film, $1160-1170/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1220/ton for LDPE film, all on a CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days deferred payment basis.
"Demand is still disappointing and players are cautiously meeting their immediate needs. The producer is open to further price negotiations given the poor buying interest and their excess supplies,” commented the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cools off due to unpromising PP, PE demand in Türkiye
- China adds big PE capacities in 2023, just the tip of iceberg for 2024
- African PP, PE markets continue to rise in March under shadow of growing demand woes
- Vietnam local PP, PE markets stay on downtrend as demand still sluggish
- Subdued PP, PE demand weigh on March hikes in Europe
- Cost-driven hikes keep Asian PET bottle prices on uptrend for two weeks
- Global PP markets buckle up for massive capacity additions from China
- India PP, PE markets change direction in line with regional trends in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets extend gains into March amid squeezed supply
- European PS spirals down amid lower styrene, frail demand