Initial South Korean ABS prices emerge for April in Turkey
A trader reported receiving new ABS offers for a South Korean origin at $1720/ton for natural and $1950/ton for white grade CIF Turkey, cash no duty. “We attribute these increases to supply limitations,” he said.
Upstream, spot styrene prices in Asia have gained $10/ton on an FOB South Korea basis with respect to early March while butadiene costs surged $100/ton with the same terms over the same period, although prices have moderated for both products recently in the wake of softening crude oil costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply supports SEA import PP market at 5-year highs
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia