Initial South Korean ABS prices emerge for May in Turkey
“We had to purchase some ABS natural from the supplier as we had low prompt availability. Indeed, we had expected a relatively modest increase announcement from the producer,” the trader said.
In upstream news, spot styrene prices soared $80/ton on an FOB South Korea basis to be reported at $1400/ton while spot butadiene costs surged $55/ton with the same terms to be quoted at around $1030/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades