Initial West European PS prices emerge for May in Turkey
Initial offers stand at €1585/ton for GPPS and €1645/ton for HIPS, all on CIF Turkey, cash basis. The dollar equivalence of those levels come to around $1760/ton and $1825/ton, respectively. A trader commented, “We had expected to see rollovers for May as spot styrene costs in Europe showed some easing recently. We still hope to be competitive against other origins despite the recent hike.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East