Initial West European PS prices emerge for May in Turkey
Initial offers stand at €1585/ton for GPPS and €1645/ton for HIPS, all on CIF Turkey, cash basis. The dollar equivalence of those levels come to around $1760/ton and $1825/ton, respectively. A trader commented, “We had expected to see rollovers for May as spot styrene costs in Europe showed some easing recently. We still hope to be competitive against other origins despite the recent hike.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount