Initial polymer offers for April emerge in Saudi Arabia
According to a trader, the producer raised its offers by SAR37-38/ton ($10/ton) for HDPE grades, by SAR75/ton ($20/ton) for LDPE film and LLDPE film, by SAR150/ton ($40/ton) for PP injection, raffia and PPBC inj., and by SAR75/ton ($20/ton) for PVC k67-68. However, the producer implemented decreases of SAR262/ton ($70/ton) for HIPS inj. and GPPS inj. from March.
Accordingly, the producer’s new April PE offers are currently standing at SAR4538/ton ($1210/ton) for HDPE film and inj., at SAR4575/ton ($1220/ton) for HDPE b/m, at SAR5025/ton ($1340/ton) for HDPE pipe, at SAR4950/ton ($1320/ton) for LDPE film and at SAR4650/ton ($1240/ton) for LLDPE c4 film, all on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
Also, the producer’s new PP offers are reported at SAR4200/ton ($1120/ton) for PP raffia and inj., and at SAR4875/ton ($1300/ton) for PPBC inj., with the same terms.
Meanwhile, the new PS and PVC prices are currently standing at SAR6188/ton ($1650/ton) for HIPS inj., at SAR5818/ton ($1550/ton) for GPPS inj. and at SAR4050/ton ($1080/ton) for PVC k67-68, with the same terms.
The trader commented, "The producer is increasing its offers amid tight availability as they are the main supplier dominating the Middle Eastern market. Meanwhile, they are offering discounts in other global markets in order to compete with Iranian cargoes."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May