Iran, China to sign agreement to upgrade Abadan refinery
The upgrade plan consists of fixing and improving the quality of the refinery, using new technologies to increase production as well as raising the feedstock which is supplied by Abadan Refinery, sources say.
In late November 2016, Mohammad-Hassan Peyvandi, the Managing Director of Tamin Petroleum & Petrochemical Investment Co (TAPPICO) had mentioned their intention to increase the capacity and efficiency of the refinery with renovations as it was running at low capacity despite its long history.
Abadan Petrochemical Company started its operations in 1969 after the completion of its construction in 1967. The refinery can produce 60,000 tons of PVC, 10,000 tons of dodecylbenzene and 24,000 tons of caustic soda annually.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS