Iran: Emergency OPEC meeting may stabilize oil market
A majority of the 12 OPEC members is needed to call an emergency meeting before the organization’s next scheduled meeting, which is set to be held on December 4. According to some delegates, an emergency meeting is unlikely unless Saudi Arabia, the cartel’s top oil exporter, endorses the proposal.
According to data released by OPEC, the group’s crude oil supply reached a 3-year high in July stemming from rising Iranian crude oil output. OPEC output rose by 100,700 barrels per day (bpd) to reach 31.5 million bpd.
Meanwhile, global oil prices have dropped to the lowest levels seen since March 2009, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard. On Friday, NYMEX October crude was down 87 cents to settle at $40.45/barrel while ICE October Brent crude was down $1.16 to settle at $45.46/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe