Iran: Emergency OPEC meeting may stabilize oil market
A majority of the 12 OPEC members is needed to call an emergency meeting before the organization’s next scheduled meeting, which is set to be held on December 4. According to some delegates, an emergency meeting is unlikely unless Saudi Arabia, the cartel’s top oil exporter, endorses the proposal.
According to data released by OPEC, the group’s crude oil supply reached a 3-year high in July stemming from rising Iranian crude oil output. OPEC output rose by 100,700 barrels per day (bpd) to reach 31.5 million bpd.
Meanwhile, global oil prices have dropped to the lowest levels seen since March 2009, according to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard. On Friday, NYMEX October crude was down 87 cents to settle at $40.45/barrel while ICE October Brent crude was down $1.16 to settle at $45.46/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?