Iran, Total about to conclude $2 bil petchem deal
The managing director of Iran’s Persian Gulf Holding Company, Adel Nejad-Salim stated that the French company has put petrochemical projects in Iran into perspective in the last few months, adding that Total will invest in one of Iran’s downstream olefin projects soon. He also reported that an initial deal had been previously signed between Total and Iran in January of last year after the nuclear deal.
Total had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Iran in order to be able to invest in Iran’s petrochemical industry after the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) which is Iran’s nuclear deal in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm