Iran, Total about to conclude $2 bil petchem deal
The managing director of Iran’s Persian Gulf Holding Company, Adel Nejad-Salim stated that the French company has put petrochemical projects in Iran into perspective in the last few months, adding that Total will invest in one of Iran’s downstream olefin projects soon. He also reported that an initial deal had been previously signed between Total and Iran in January of last year after the nuclear deal.
Total had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Iran in order to be able to invest in Iran’s petrochemical industry after the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) which is Iran’s nuclear deal in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades