Iran, Total about to conclude $2 bil petchem deal
The managing director of Iran’s Persian Gulf Holding Company, Adel Nejad-Salim stated that the French company has put petrochemical projects in Iran into perspective in the last few months, adding that Total will invest in one of Iran’s downstream olefin projects soon. He also reported that an initial deal had been previously signed between Total and Iran in January of last year after the nuclear deal.
Total had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Iran in order to be able to invest in Iran’s petrochemical industry after the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) which is Iran’s nuclear deal in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand