Iran, Total about to conclude $2 bil petchem deal
The managing director of Iran’s Persian Gulf Holding Company, Adel Nejad-Salim stated that the French company has put petrochemical projects in Iran into perspective in the last few months, adding that Total will invest in one of Iran’s downstream olefin projects soon. He also reported that an initial deal had been previously signed between Total and Iran in January of last year after the nuclear deal.
Total had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Iran in order to be able to invest in Iran’s petrochemical industry after the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) which is Iran’s nuclear deal in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs