Iran: Turkey may reduce import duties on Iran for some petchems
Accordingly, Iranian officials reportedly provided a list of petrochemicals including PET, PP copolymers, PS, PE as well as methanol and urea to Turkey for duty discounts.
Iranian officials reportedly argued that Turkey expressed readiness to levy lower tariffs on certain Iranian petrochemical products during the negotiations, although no confirmation was obtained from the Turkish authorities about this at the time of press.
Previously, both countries had officially abolished the requirement of consulate approval for imports reciprocally. The aforementioned implementation had caused complications in import and export activities between Turkey and Iran for around two months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures