Iran: Turkey may reduce import duties on Iran for some petchems
Accordingly, Iranian officials reportedly provided a list of petrochemicals including PET, PP copolymers, PS, PE as well as methanol and urea to Turkey for duty discounts.
Iranian officials reportedly argued that Turkey expressed readiness to levy lower tariffs on certain Iranian petrochemical products during the negotiations, although no confirmation was obtained from the Turkish authorities about this at the time of press.
Previously, both countries had officially abolished the requirement of consulate approval for imports reciprocally. The aforementioned implementation had caused complications in import and export activities between Turkey and Iran for around two months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe