Iran, Vietnam promise to increase trade to $2 billion
The leaders of both countries promised to increase their trade volume to $2 billion between the two countries and signed several deals on Thursday because of Iran’s aiming to jumpstart its economy following the removal of international sanctions. Rouhani had previously promised to improve relations with other countries during the election process.
Rouhani stated; “The two sides agreed to increase bilateral trade turnover to US$2 billion". Iran’s official IRNA news agency reported that Iran and Vietnam’s trade was worth $350 million last year.
Iran offers an important partnership to Vietnam in the fields of oil and gas industry and health and technology. Plus, Vietnam will have an opportunity to have a strong alliance with Iran in the Middle East with this step.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect