Iran, Vietnam promise to increase trade to $2 billion
The leaders of both countries promised to increase their trade volume to $2 billion between the two countries and signed several deals on Thursday because of Iran’s aiming to jumpstart its economy following the removal of international sanctions. Rouhani had previously promised to improve relations with other countries during the election process.
Rouhani stated; “The two sides agreed to increase bilateral trade turnover to US$2 billion". Iran’s official IRNA news agency reported that Iran and Vietnam’s trade was worth $350 million last year.
Iran offers an important partnership to Vietnam in the fields of oil and gas industry and health and technology. Plus, Vietnam will have an opportunity to have a strong alliance with Iran in the Middle East with this step.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand