Iran aims to triple petchem output by 2022
The country has reportedly has allocated €610 million for the construction of two petrochemical complexes in Kohgilouyeh-Boyerahmad Province while the first phase of a petrochemical project in Mahabad city is expected to be on stream by the end of March, 2015.
Iran has significantly expanded its petrochemicals sector over the past few years while its National Petrochemical Company (NPC) is the second largest exporter and producer of petrochemicals in the Middle East after Saudi Arabia. Petrochemicals account for around 40% of Iran’s non-oil exports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion