Iran aims to triple petchem output by 2022
The country has reportedly has allocated €610 million for the construction of two petrochemical complexes in Kohgilouyeh-Boyerahmad Province while the first phase of a petrochemical project in Mahabad city is expected to be on stream by the end of March, 2015.
Iran has significantly expanded its petrochemicals sector over the past few years while its National Petrochemical Company (NPC) is the second largest exporter and producer of petrochemicals in the Middle East after Saudi Arabia. Petrochemicals account for around 40% of Iran’s non-oil exports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF