Iran and Indonesia agree to JV for petchem exports
Under the JV agreement, storage tanks are planned to be built in Indonesia. The country aims to import oil from Iran since the country’s oil output has decreased over the past few years.
Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) stated that Iran has exported more than 7.8 million tons of petrochemicals valued at $5.1 billion in the six months through September 22. In the last Iranian calendar year, ended March 20, the country produced 40 million tons of petrochemicals with an export value of $9 billion. Iran has significantly improved its petrochemical production in the last few years and the country targets to increase its petrochemical exports to $12 billion this year, accordingly.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons