Iran and Indonesia agree to JV for petchem exports
Under the JV agreement, storage tanks are planned to be built in Indonesia. The country aims to import oil from Iran since the country’s oil output has decreased over the past few years.
Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) stated that Iran has exported more than 7.8 million tons of petrochemicals valued at $5.1 billion in the six months through September 22. In the last Iranian calendar year, ended March 20, the country produced 40 million tons of petrochemicals with an export value of $9 billion. Iran has significantly improved its petrochemical production in the last few years and the country targets to increase its petrochemical exports to $12 billion this year, accordingly.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September