Iran and Indonesia agree to JV for petchem exports
Under the JV agreement, storage tanks are planned to be built in Indonesia. The country aims to import oil from Iran since the country’s oil output has decreased over the past few years.
Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) stated that Iran has exported more than 7.8 million tons of petrochemicals valued at $5.1 billion in the six months through September 22. In the last Iranian calendar year, ended March 20, the country produced 40 million tons of petrochemicals with an export value of $9 billion. Iran has significantly improved its petrochemical production in the last few years and the country targets to increase its petrochemical exports to $12 billion this year, accordingly.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations