Iran and Indonesia agree to JV for petchem exports
Under the JV agreement, storage tanks are planned to be built in Indonesia. The country aims to import oil from Iran since the country’s oil output has decreased over the past few years.
Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) stated that Iran has exported more than 7.8 million tons of petrochemicals valued at $5.1 billion in the six months through September 22. In the last Iranian calendar year, ended March 20, the country produced 40 million tons of petrochemicals with an export value of $9 billion. Iran has significantly improved its petrochemical production in the last few years and the country targets to increase its petrochemical exports to $12 billion this year, accordingly.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs