Iran and Indonesia agree to JV for petchem exports
Under the JV agreement, storage tanks are planned to be built in Indonesia. The country aims to import oil from Iran since the country’s oil output has decreased over the past few years.
Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) stated that Iran has exported more than 7.8 million tons of petrochemicals valued at $5.1 billion in the six months through September 22. In the last Iranian calendar year, ended March 20, the country produced 40 million tons of petrochemicals with an export value of $9 billion. Iran has significantly improved its petrochemical production in the last few years and the country targets to increase its petrochemical exports to $12 billion this year, accordingly.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low