Iran asks India to pay its oil debt
India’s payment will be 45% in rupees through UCO Bank in the form of goods and commodities while the rest of the payment, due in dollars or euros, are currently tied up in the banking system waiting for the relaxation of sanctions before payments can be transferred.
For new payments in rupees, however, Iran is planning to open a new account at a different Indian bank so that future payments can be made to an interest-bearing account.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally