Iran calls on OPEC to cut oil production
Previously, Bijan Zanganeh had called for the cartel to hold an emergency meeting before the organization’s next scheduled meeting, which is set to be held on December 4, to stop further declines and help stabilize prices in oil markets.
In September, oil output from OPEC declined 60,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 31.2 million bpd, according to media sources, which is still above the group’s official target of 30 million bpd.
Meanwhile, Iran’s oil production reached 2.8 million bpd in September. Iran’s Oil Minister also stated that Iran is planning to raise its oil production by 500,000 bpd as soon as sanctions are removed and by 1 million bpd within six months of the removal of sanctions in order to regain lost market share.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month