Iran calls on OPEC to cut oil production
Previously, Bijan Zanganeh had called for the cartel to hold an emergency meeting before the organization’s next scheduled meeting, which is set to be held on December 4, to stop further declines and help stabilize prices in oil markets.
In September, oil output from OPEC declined 60,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 31.2 million bpd, according to media sources, which is still above the group’s official target of 30 million bpd.
Meanwhile, Iran’s oil production reached 2.8 million bpd in September. Iran’s Oil Minister also stated that Iran is planning to raise its oil production by 500,000 bpd as soon as sanctions are removed and by 1 million bpd within six months of the removal of sanctions in order to regain lost market share.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets