Iran doubles crude exports to Japan
The reports revealed that Iran wants to have a share of 10% in Japan’s three-million-barrel oil market by increasing its oil exports to the country and is in a competition with Qatar in the East Asia. However, the fact that Iran’s oil refining capacity has declined over the years due to the sanctions is thought to be a disadvantage for Iran in its efforts to become the third largest oil exporters to Japan.
The reports indicated that although the oil refining capacity of the country declined from 5.5 million barrels/day to 3.5 million barrels/day, its exports to Japan showed a twofold increase in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs