Iran doubles crude exports to Japan
The reports revealed that Iran wants to have a share of 10% in Japan’s three-million-barrel oil market by increasing its oil exports to the country and is in a competition with Qatar in the East Asia. However, the fact that Iran’s oil refining capacity has declined over the years due to the sanctions is thought to be a disadvantage for Iran in its efforts to become the third largest oil exporters to Japan.
The reports indicated that although the oil refining capacity of the country declined from 5.5 million barrels/day to 3.5 million barrels/day, its exports to Japan showed a twofold increase in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets