Iran doubles crude exports to Japan
The reports revealed that Iran wants to have a share of 10% in Japan’s three-million-barrel oil market by increasing its oil exports to the country and is in a competition with Qatar in the East Asia. However, the fact that Iran’s oil refining capacity has declined over the years due to the sanctions is thought to be a disadvantage for Iran in its efforts to become the third largest oil exporters to Japan.
The reports indicated that although the oil refining capacity of the country declined from 5.5 million barrels/day to 3.5 million barrels/day, its exports to Japan showed a twofold increase in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China