Iran in search of foreign investors for more petchem projects
The projects are reported to include factories to produce ammonia and urea, gas to olefins and gas-to-propylene plants. The country’s feedstock production is also aimed to be increased within the scope of these projects as Iran has produced less than its capacity due to lack of feedstocks in the recent years.
Previously, five Iranian petrochemical projects being carried out in Mahshar, Asaluyeh and other regions in Iran were announced to be financed by China.
Currently, there are 50 petrochemical complexes in these regions with a combined capacity of 61.5 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September