Iran in search of foreign investors for more petchem projects
The projects are reported to include factories to produce ammonia and urea, gas to olefins and gas-to-propylene plants. The country’s feedstock production is also aimed to be increased within the scope of these projects as Iran has produced less than its capacity due to lack of feedstocks in the recent years.
Previously, five Iranian petrochemical projects being carried out in Mahshar, Asaluyeh and other regions in Iran were announced to be financed by China.
Currently, there are 50 petrochemical complexes in these regions with a combined capacity of 61.5 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows