Iran increases its share in China’s polymer imports
In May, Iran’s LDPE shipments to China rose 6.7% on the month to 41,654 tons despite a 19% decline in total LDPE imports. Looking at China’s main LDPE suppliers, shipments from Qatar, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates posted declines of around 20.5%, 6.3%, 10.1% and 47.9%, respectively from a month earlier. In the first five months, Iran was the main LDPE supplier of China with 243,627 tons which also represented an increase of around 33% compared with the same period of 2015.
ChemOrbis Import Statistics show that China imported 121,545 tons of HDPE from Iran, up 1.6% on the month in May while shipments from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and South Korea, the following three major suppliers, fell 9.2%, 37% and 6%, respectively compared with the previous month. In the first five months, meanwhile, Iran was the main HDPE supplier of China with 572,392 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 388,582 tons and the United Arab Emirates with 311,105 tons.
In May, the largest increase in Iran’s shipments to China was recorded in LLDPE which surged 101.4% on the month to reach 22,091 tons. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, the country’s LLDPE exports to China jumped by 155% compared with 8,680 tons in the same month of 2015. In the January- May period, total LLDPE imports from Iran hit 71,290 tons, up around 175% from the same period of 2015.
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail. You can also run your own graphs and make yearly, quarterly and monthly comparisons for different countries in ChemOrbis Stats Wizard.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand