Iran outpaces Saudi Arabia as India’s major oil supplier
Director of Bharat Petroleum reportedly said that Iranian crude is a better alternative to Saudi crude with its better yield pattern and short delivery and that it is likely to have a higher share in the Indian market along with Saudi and Iraqi crude.
According to the shipping data from Bloomberg, Iran’s October supplies increased by 56% to 759,700 barrels/day while Saudi supplies were 717,000 barrels/day and Iraq’s were 488,000 barrels/day.
In the July-September period, Iran’s crude supply to India reportedly grew by 51% when compared to the second quarter. Saudi Arabia’s sales to India increased by 10% whereas Iraq’s supplies decreased by 8% on a quarterly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness