Iran outpaces Saudi Arabia as India’s major oil supplier
Director of Bharat Petroleum reportedly said that Iranian crude is a better alternative to Saudi crude with its better yield pattern and short delivery and that it is likely to have a higher share in the Indian market along with Saudi and Iraqi crude.
According to the shipping data from Bloomberg, Iran’s October supplies increased by 56% to 759,700 barrels/day while Saudi supplies were 717,000 barrels/day and Iraq’s were 488,000 barrels/day.
In the July-September period, Iran’s crude supply to India reportedly grew by 51% when compared to the second quarter. Saudi Arabia’s sales to India increased by 10% whereas Iraq’s supplies decreased by 8% on a quarterly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out