Iran proposes to ease transit relations with Turkey
“Turkey should promote safety of transit routes for Iranian trucks traveling through Turkish soil,” Akhundi said.
He made a suggestion to Turkey regarding the completion of a railway connection between the two countries to ease transportation and added that it will give an opportunity to improve trade ties among them. He also promoted the Bazargan-Kars railroad connection and the completion of a railway connection near Lake Van.
It is stated that Iranian trucks are attacked in Turkey from time to time and it is necessary to tighten the security for them.
Zeybekci expressed his regret concerning the attacks and said the Turkish government will make every effort to improve safety in the direction of international standards. “Turkish companies are interested in participating in Iran’s infrastructure projects,” he emphasized.
Zeybekci also reported that Turkey will try to cooperate with Iran in the banking field.
According to ChemOrbis Statistics, Iran ranked as the third largest polymer exporter to Turkey during the first nine months of 2016 as Turkey imported 262,745 tons of polymers from Iran in the January-September period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports