Iran remains on track to reach yearly petchem output target
Accordingly, the country is pressing ahead with its new investments in the petrochemicals sector with an aim of boosting its nominal output capacity to 72 million tons by March 2018.
As was noted on National Petrochemical Company’s website, the country targets more than 120 million tons/year of output by 2022, the end of Iran’s development plan.
Similarly, Iran’s overall petrochemical and polymer exports rose to $5.57 billion during the first half of year. The country’s total revenue from petrochemical exports also increased to $9.55 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds