Iran remains on track to reach yearly petchem output target
Accordingly, the country is pressing ahead with its new investments in the petrochemicals sector with an aim of boosting its nominal output capacity to 72 million tons by March 2018.
As was noted on National Petrochemical Company’s website, the country targets more than 120 million tons/year of output by 2022, the end of Iran’s development plan.
Similarly, Iran’s overall petrochemical and polymer exports rose to $5.57 billion during the first half of year. The country’s total revenue from petrochemical exports also increased to $9.55 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe