Iran remains on track to reach yearly petchem output target
Accordingly, the country is pressing ahead with its new investments in the petrochemicals sector with an aim of boosting its nominal output capacity to 72 million tons by March 2018.
As was noted on National Petrochemical Company’s website, the country targets more than 120 million tons/year of output by 2022, the end of Iran’s development plan.
Similarly, Iran’s overall petrochemical and polymer exports rose to $5.57 billion during the first half of year. The country’s total revenue from petrochemical exports also increased to $9.55 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure