Iran’s Aug oil exports to Asia surge 81% on year
Government and ship-tracking data showed that imports in total by China, India, Japan and South Korea posted the highest figure in the last 5 and a half years to reach 1.84 million barrels per day (bpd) in August on a yearly basis.
According to the official data released by Japan’s trade ministry, Japan’s imports increased 31.4% from the last year to reach about 235,612 bpd in August. India’s August imports also rose almost threefold with a 189.6% increase from last year, reaching the highest level for the last 15 years at 575,900 bpd while Chinese imports climbed 48.4% in August compared to the last year.
In addition to that, South Korea imported about 277,613 bpd in August which almost doubled from the same month of last year.
Meanwhile, Iran’s total exports of crude oil to Asia reached 1,495,307 bpd in January to August, up 419,000 bpd compared with the same period of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect