Iran's JPC plans to expand its ethylene capacity
The companies are reportedly about to finalize the deal on expanding the Iranian company’s ethylene production by 20%. The company’s current ethylene production capacity is 1.32 million tons/year.
The company, meanwhile, already secured a procurement deal with China’s oil-giant Sinopec for a catalyst required for HDPE production, the media reported.
JPC has a production capacity of 300,000 tons/year HDPE, 300,000 tons/year LLDPE and 306,000 tons/year propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties