Iran's JPC plans to expand its ethylene capacity
The companies are reportedly about to finalize the deal on expanding the Iranian company’s ethylene production by 20%. The company’s current ethylene production capacity is 1.32 million tons/year.
The company, meanwhile, already secured a procurement deal with China’s oil-giant Sinopec for a catalyst required for HDPE production, the media reported.
JPC has a production capacity of 300,000 tons/year HDPE, 300,000 tons/year LLDPE and 306,000 tons/year propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets