Iran's Kaveh Methanol, Marjan Petrochemical to start up new plants
Accordingly, Kaveh Methanol Company is planning to start up its new 2.3 million tons/year methanol unit by December. The new unit is expected to become the world’s biggest methanol plant upon completion.
Marjan Petrochemical Company, meanwhile, has completed its two new units by more than 90%. The company’s new 1.7 million tons/year unit in Asaluyeh as well as its Bushehr Petrochemical Complex will reportedly come online as of March 2018.
The company’s Bushehr Petrochemical Complex is expected to have a total production capacity of 3 million tons/year, including 1.65 million tons/year methanol, 1 million tons/year of olefins, 550,000 tons/year of MEG, 300,000 tons/year of light and heavy polymers and 300,000 tons/year of acetic acid.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE
- Downtrend continues into July in Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets
- Pace of PS drops in Asia slackens; ABS downtrend in full swing