Iran's Kaveh Methanol, Marjan Petrochemical to start up new plants
Accordingly, Kaveh Methanol Company is planning to start up its new 2.3 million tons/year methanol unit by December. The new unit is expected to become the world’s biggest methanol plant upon completion.
Marjan Petrochemical Company, meanwhile, has completed its two new units by more than 90%. The company’s new 1.7 million tons/year unit in Asaluyeh as well as its Bushehr Petrochemical Complex will reportedly come online as of March 2018.
The company’s Bushehr Petrochemical Complex is expected to have a total production capacity of 3 million tons/year, including 1.65 million tons/year methanol, 1 million tons/year of olefins, 550,000 tons/year of MEG, 300,000 tons/year of light and heavy polymers and 300,000 tons/year of acetic acid.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops