Iran's Kaveh Methanol, Marjan Petrochemical to start up new plants
Accordingly, Kaveh Methanol Company is planning to start up its new 2.3 million tons/year methanol unit by December. The new unit is expected to become the world’s biggest methanol plant upon completion.
Marjan Petrochemical Company, meanwhile, has completed its two new units by more than 90%. The company’s new 1.7 million tons/year unit in Asaluyeh as well as its Bushehr Petrochemical Complex will reportedly come online as of March 2018.
The company’s Bushehr Petrochemical Complex is expected to have a total production capacity of 3 million tons/year, including 1.65 million tons/year methanol, 1 million tons/year of olefins, 550,000 tons/year of MEG, 300,000 tons/year of light and heavy polymers and 300,000 tons/year of acetic acid.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September