Iran's Kavian to expand ethylene capacity, start-up 2nd phase of complex
The company is planning to increase its ethylene output from its complex in Asaluyeh, Iran by 10-15% upon completing necessary technical and operational procedures.
The second phase of Kavian Petrochemical Complex, meanwhile, is expected to be fully operational by the end of March 2018. The plant is able to produce 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Iran’s annual output of ethylene stands at about 7.3 million tons, 2 million tons of which are produced at Kavian.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP market retreats from 2-month high
- Vietnam PE market sees further supply-driven hikes, particularly for LLDPE
- Global oil prices trade under pressure of Delta variant
- China’s import PVC market rebounds from 5-month low
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand