Iran's Kavian to expand ethylene capacity, start-up 2nd phase of complex
The company is planning to increase its ethylene output from its complex in Asaluyeh, Iran by 10-15% upon completing necessary technical and operational procedures.
The second phase of Kavian Petrochemical Complex, meanwhile, is expected to be fully operational by the end of March 2018. The plant is able to produce 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Iran’s annual output of ethylene stands at about 7.3 million tons, 2 million tons of which are produced at Kavian.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year