Iran's Kavian to expand ethylene capacity, start-up 2nd phase of complex
The company is planning to increase its ethylene output from its complex in Asaluyeh, Iran by 10-15% upon completing necessary technical and operational procedures.
The second phase of Kavian Petrochemical Complex, meanwhile, is expected to be fully operational by the end of March 2018. The plant is able to produce 1 million tons/year of ethylene.
Iran’s annual output of ethylene stands at about 7.3 million tons, 2 million tons of which are produced at Kavian.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS