Iran’s exports increase 22% on the year in 2014
It was reported that petrochemicals products including liquefied propane, liquefied methane, and methanol constituted a majority of exported products while the top importers were China, Iraq, the UAE, Afghanistan and India.
In December, the Iranian government announced that they are planning to increase their non-oil exports to $50 billion by April in order to cope with plunging crude oil prices and the sanctions arising from the country’s nuclear activities.
Meanwhile, Iran’s imports increased 12.3% on the year to $48.2 billion during the same 11 months while the top exporters to Iran were China, the UAE, South Korea, Turkey and India.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers